Meet Dr. Moore
Dr. William Moore grew up in Auckland, New Zealand prior to moving to Iowa and Nebraska for high school. He attended college at the University of Missouri where he earned a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. Dr. Moore then headed back to New Zealand to attend the University of Auckland, where he earned his master of engineering degree with first class honors. Dr. Moore worked as an engineer prior to attending dental school at Tufts University in Boston, where he was the recipient of several awards, including:
• The Academy of Dental Materials Student Award
• Dr. Chad Anderson Family Award for Innovative Research Methodology
• Robert R. Andrews Research Honors Society Inductee
• Dean's List for High Performance on National Board Part I and II
• Kasparian Scholarship
• Tufts Merit Scholarship
Following dental school, Dr. Moore completed a 2-year specialty training program in Pediatric Dentistry at OHSU. Dr. Moore splits his time between his appointment at OHSU as an Assistant Professor of Pediatric Dentistry and his practice at St. Helens Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Moore currently serves on the board of the Oregon Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Moore continues to learn with his memberships in the following dental associations:
• Oregon Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• American Dental Association
• American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• Oregon Dental Association
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Moore spends time with his daughter Cate. Dr. Moore enjoys the outdoors and is an avid camper, hiker, and cyclist.